To enhance and expand the walkability and bikability of Helena through the development of a safe, convenient and accessible network of corridors that serves to improve connectivity, promote alternatives to motorized travel, and enhance Helena appeal as a healthy, pedestrian and cyclist-friendly place to live and play.
- Improve the safety of walking and cycling,Improve accessibility and promote use by all Helenans, including persons with disabilities.
- Encourage walking and cycling as alternatives to driving, and as a means of commuting.
- Promotes Helena as a pedestrian and cyclist-friendly place to live and visit,
- Connect destinations through a network of non-motorized travel corridors,
- Educate the public on the benefits of non-motorized travel, and the rights and responsibilities of pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists,
- Improve the convenience of walking and cycling,
- Promote healthy lifestyles by creating convenient opportunities for physical activity.